Commnets on attachments

Monica May 22, 2023

I have a few attached files that I want to use in a "Gallery Slider" where if the user clicks on the image they will get directed to a web page. I know in order for that to work I have to add the url as a comment for that attachments. I

I am having difficulty getting to where I can add the comment, I go to gear icon in the top right and select "Space Tools", then "Content Tools" then "Attachments".

I see all the attachments but I don't see an edit or ">" icon to be able to access the properties.

Any help to point me on that direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

@Monica Welcome to the Atlassian community

Here is how to comment on attachments in cloud and Data Center / Server.  It is basically the same.

Cloud - https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/share-and-comment-on-files/ 

Data Center / Server - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/share-and-comment-on-files-704578253.html 

Monica May 22, 2023

My apologies for not explaining my self correctly, here is what I need to get to and can't seen to me able to:

Post.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

@Monica my guess is that you do not have the proper permissions to see the properties section.  You might also only be able to do it for items you attach.    

Monica May 25, 2023

@Brant Schroeder Thank you so much for your help, you were right it was a permissions issue. Thank you again for helping me figure this out.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
0 votes
Monica May 22, 2023

@Brant Schroeder @Trudy Claspill I apologize if maybe my post was not explained properly, so that comment that I need to add is under the "Properties" of the attachment.

Post.png

I am able to get to the attachments list, but I don't see the option to access the properties.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

You don't have to go through the gear icon.

When you are on the page where the attachments are attached, click on the ... button and then select Attachments.

Then you should see the Properties option next to each attachment for that page.

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 2.12.39 PM.png

Monica May 22, 2023

I don't have that option available, could it be maybe a permissions issue? Where maybe I don't have the right permissions to get to the Properties.

Post02.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

As I said, you don't need to go through the gear icon (Space Settings).

Go to the page that has the attachment.

Click on the ... button in the upper right corner and select Attachments.

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 3.32.35 PM.png

That should give you a list of all the attachments for that page. There you should see the Properties, Edit, and Delete options for each attachment (if you have sufficient permissions).

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Hello @Monica 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are you working with Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server/Data Center? You are working with Confluence Cloud if your URL looks similar to this:

https://<something>.atlassian.net

Can you provide a pointer to the documentation you referenced that told you that you need to enter the URL as a comment for the Gallery Slider redirection?

Monica May 22, 2023

I honestly can't recall where that will be, it was a result in the many searches I did to get that to work. 

I am working on Confluence Data Center.

Monica May 22, 2023

This is what I need to access, "Properties" so that I can add that comment.

Post.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events