Combining users and groups from different AD domains

Martin Jæger March 13, 2014

Hi all,

Still trying to make the confluence/ad integration work.

Have question in that regard:

We have two domains (with trust between)

dom1 and dom2

We have users and groups in both domains - not with any of the same name though.

dom1 is primarily it-personal users, but also groups.

dom2 is live-systems and 'real' users.
Also in here is stored our groups that control application access. (E.g. AppAccess_Live_confluence_read)

The thing is, that users in dom1 is member of groups in dom2.

So I basically want to have the application groups sync from dom2 to Confluence, and also the users from dom2 that are member of these groups. (Working ok)

AND i want to sync users from dom1 that are member of the application access group in dom2. (Can't make this work)

Does confluence support this setup with the features provides by the 'user directories'. Or would i have to maintain this setup using other methods? (Thinking cli commands or similar)

Thank you all. Pease advise

/Martin :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Jæger March 15, 2014
Got it! I had to change the port to 3268, for the search to be done in the global catalog. In base DN i could write whatever, it didn't matter. Now i just have the value NULL in there. Now users from dom1 is getting membership in groups from dom2, as it is configured in AD. Look here for details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc728188(v=ws.10).aspx Martin
Tom104Tom September 10, 2015

Hi Martin, can you please provide more details on how you fixed this issue? Did you use "Domain Local" groups? I don't see any other way to add users from a trusted domain but creating a "Domain Local" group. If I do so and adding a user from another domain (trusted), the user is shown with a red arrow, but he is not synchronised. I guess you are querying your dom2 domain, using the global catalog port. Did you actually write "NULL" into the Base DN field? Thanks for the clarification. Best, Tom

Mike Beattie November 17, 2015

Hi, I am having same issue... did you get this working Tom? Can you describe how you have configured this within confluence? Thanks Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events