Combine user groups

Is it possible to combine user groups? So lets say I have 50 user groups and I want to have the groups 1-20 to have the same rights in some spaces. Therefor it would be much easier to have one new group that contains the groups from 1 to 20 instead of adding each group separately to each space. Someone told me that there is a plugin, but I didn't found it at the marketplace.

Thanks, Marcel

2 answers

Unfortuantely there is no current utility that support bulk permission changes.

We have just such a feature request in the works:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-1053

Visit that page, make an account and vote it up. The developers pay attention to the issues that make the most noise.

Hallo Marcel

If your Confluence site is connected to an LDAP server, you can use nested groups: you can make a number of your groups be members of a single group, and assign the necessary permissions to the single group. The documentation is here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Managing+Nested+Groups

This is not possible if your users and stored in the Confluence internal directory. (That is the default configuration.)

Cheers, Sarah

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

264 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you