Combine multiple Regular Expressions in Attachment macro

Lars Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2018

Hi, I have a attachment macro and want some files NOT displayed.

I have 3 regular expressions that work fine if I use every one of them alone

^((?!.*[Ss][Dd][Ss]*.*).)*$,

^((?![Ee][Ss].*).)*$,

^((?![Ss]pec.*).)*$

I combined them in one and that didnt work because of the "$" - it says here ist the end of the expression.

So I came up with

^((?!.*[Ss][Dd][Ss]*.*).)*, ^((?![Ee][Ss].*).)*, ^((?![Ss]pec.*).)*$

Still not working.  

I think the comma is used as a (text1|text2) OR expression in the background. I don't know.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2018

Hi Lars,

The expression should look like this:

^((?=(?!.*[Ss][Dd][Ss]*.*))(?=(?![Ee][Ss].*))(?=(?![Ss]pec.*)).)*$

Lars Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2018

Thank you for your very fast solution :) You made my day.

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2018

You are welcome, Lars!

Lars Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

I recognized a small problem.

I have these two files which are not listed:

• Information_questionnaire_ecolabel_declaration_raw_materials_Jungbunzlauer_en_150828.pdf
  • Statement_questionnaire_ecolabel_declaration_raw_materials_Jungbunzlauer_en_150828.pdf

It is because of the (?=(?![Ee][Ss].*) part.

It recognizes the es in the middle of "questionnaire". I thought the filter says that the word must start with [Ee][Ss]. 

What would be the correct syntax to filter es* at the start of a filename?

Lars Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

I am not good at these...but after reading parts of this thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/406230/regular-expression-to-match-a-line-that-doesnt-contain-a-word 

I added a point at the end (.*$)

here the complete regex:

^((?=(?!.*[Ss][Dd][Ss]*.*))(?=(?![Ee][Ss].*))(?=(?![Ss]pec.*)).).*$

for this special case the solution works. but I'm not quite sure if it fits every situation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events