Comala Workflow - How to change status of several pages?

Philippe ROUSSEL May 6, 2021

Hi,

I don't find this in the Community...

How to change the status of all pages in a tree structure (menu)?

I have to change status of hundreds pages (but not all the space).

Thanks a lot for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hello @Philippe ROUSSEL 

The suggestion by @Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_ is valid and may be the right one depending on your use case. 

An alternative is to use what we call a 'cascade workflow'...

1. As this is a fairly large operation, we would recommend rebuilding the Confluence Search Index because if the Search Index is out of sync, it can disrupt the process.
  2. Add the following space workflow (not a template or label restricted space workflow) to the space.  Be sure to keep your existing workflows active and to also change STATE A and STATE B to the appropriate states. With STATE A being the current state and STATE B being the desired state:
    {workflow:name=Cascade}
    {trigger:labeladded|label=cascade}
    {set-label:cascade|children=true}
    {remove-label:cascade}
    {trigger}
    {trigger:labeladded|label=cascade|state=STATE A}
    {set-state:STATE B|comment=changed by Space Admin}
    {trigger}
    {workflow}
    Basically, the first trigger adds the "cascade" label to all the pages immediate children (not grandchildren) and removes "cascade" from current page.  The second trigger also fires on the labeladded event for "cascade" but also checks the existing state before firing off the action to change the state.
  3. Add the "cascade" label to the space home page(or all top level pages in the space if you have more than one).  Note: when you add the label it will be immediately removed by the workflow so it will look like it didn't work, but it did.
  4. Now sit back, relax, and wait a few minutes for the workflow to do its thing.  It should only take a minute or two but may take longer on a large space.  To confirm its done, go to the workflow report and look for any pages with old state name.
  5. Remove the workflow.

If you have further questions or wish to validate your workflow for your precise use case, please contact our Customer Success team at https://support.comalatech.com, it would be helpful if you could attach your workflow markup as a txt file.

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager

Philippe ROUSSEL May 6, 2021

Thanks a lot!!!

This solution is totally perfect.

Like James Conway likes this
Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2021

Nice, I was not aware of this feature!

1 vote
Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2021

Hi,

There is nothing built into the system, but you can use the approve children macro to do it.

In this case you will need to put all the docs you need under one parent page, assign a simple workflow to the parent page and use the approve children macro inside it. The children pages will have to be in an approval state and ready to be approved.

I should have an example somewhere, let me know if you need it.

Matteo

Timo Winkler September 21, 2022

Hi Matteo, 

Is it still possible to see the example?

Cheers 

Timo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events