It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Comala Worflows variables in tempate

Hello everyone, 

I am looking for an easy way, to display an actor (reviewer), who changed the workflow state of an article and the date when a certain state was reached (published date).

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards, 

Lukas

1 answer

Hi @Lukáš Krtička 

Thanks for your question, could you confirm:

1. if you are using Confluence Server or Confluence Cloud,
  2. if you are using Comala Document Approval, Comala Document Control or Comala Document Management

Thanks in advance

James
Senior Product Manager

Hi James, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

1. Server 6.15.2
2. We are using only Comala Document Management

Thank you

Hi @Lukáš Krtička ,

Thank you for your confirming. It is possible to show this information on your page, using a workflow trigger to set metadata values, and displaying these values in the page header. To get started, I recommend that you use the workflow builder markup editor (https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML/Markup+Editor+in+workflow+builder) to add the following markup.

Note that you should change approval=Review and @Review> to the name of the approval you want to display.

{pageheader:visibility=all}
  ||Document Status|{pagestatus}|
  ||Approved By|{get-metadata:approvedby}|
  ||Approval Date/Time|{get-metadata:approveddate}|
{pageheader}
{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Review}
  {set-metadata:approvedby}@Review>approvers>wiki-link@{set-metadata}
  {set-metadata:approveddate}@datetime@{set-metadata}
{trigger}

You can find more details on each macro here: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML/Macros

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

James

Hi @James Conway _Comalatech_ ,

thank you for explaining.

We have the same problem and I test your solution for our requirements to display the approval date in the page properties table.

{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Publish}
{set-metadata:approveddate}@datetime@{set-metadata}
{trigger}

In page properties table I use get metadata macro to receive the date and time. It works perfect. But next time the page will be approved, this date is changed to new approval date even in the older version of the page.

This is not what we need. For Version 2 of the page we need the approvaldate for this version and in Version 7 the approval of this version....

In Activity Report there is always the date and time of respectiv approval and it does not change to new the next time the approval is executed aigain.

Is it possible to diplay this dates in Page Property Table?

Kind regards and thank you in advance

Ilona

Hello @James Conway _Comalatech_ ,

Thank you for the information.
This is exactly what I need. 

Thanks again Lukas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,196 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you