Collapse TextArea

Michael Confessore December 6, 2020

I have a Textarea field in a TableView and I’d like to be able to only show some of the text and make the rest accessible through click in either an expandable row or a pop out dialogue box. Is there any built-in confiforms functionality that can accomplish this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2020

Hi @Michael Confessore 

I suggest you mark your questions more clearer as related to ConfiForms plugin. This way you help answerers to understand your context better

To answer your question from this perspective - see "truncWithExpand" virtual function from ConfiForms that can help you with what you need

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions 

Alex

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

That is a challenge: the only thing you can do is take a cell and make that cell as part of an excerpt include. (Excerpt include can one macro for that table). That portion can be pull onto your report page doing a excerpt include.

The full table can be included in an expandable  macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events