Collaborative editing

Diana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2023

This page says to head to general configuration and to find collaborative editing there, but it doesnt show up.

I belive the synchronizity setting is on managed by confluence.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/administering-collaborative-editing-858772086.html

Anyone knows why it doesnt show up at all?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Hi @Diana ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Your link is referred to a Data Center instance but probably you are on a cloud instance.

At cloud level, collaborative editing is managed by Atlassian and it is activated by default.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Diana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2023

Ok thats great, I hope we do.

However on our jira tickets, we dont have collaborative editing, sometimes we lose info when two people dit ticket descriptions. Is there any setting for that to be shared?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Hey @Diana , 

collaborative editing is related to Confluence pages and not to JIRA tickets. For jira tickets the last update will be saved. You can retrieve old changes in the tab history.

Hope this clarifies your doubts,

Fabio

Like Diana likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders