Collaboration on meeting notes?

The promotional material for meeting notes mentions "crowdsource your agenda" which - to me - suggests that you can get multiple people contributing to it at once.

However, unless I'm missing something, that doesn't seem to be possible. The feature seems to provide some nice templating on top of what looks like an otherwise standard Confluence page and therefore you need to go into edit mode if you want to make any changes.

What we've started using more recently for keeping track of meetings is a Google document, if for no other reason than the fact that multiple participants in the meeting can add to the notes at the same time, thus sharing the burden.

So - am I misunderstanding something or am I correct to say that meeting notes do not support multiple collaborative editing?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Timothy Chin Community Champion Apr 30, 2013

Confluence does not have the simultaneious editing like how Google Doc does. Two or more users can edit a page at the same time but you will have to do the merging once a user saves the page.

Thanks for the confirmation. I think that is a shame, but hopefully it will come in a future version ...

Hello Phillip,

Timothy is correct. We do not currently have this behavior. We do have an outstanding feature request for this behavior.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8333

It looks like it is a bit of an older feature request. I have added this post to the ticket to bring it back to the developers attention.

EtherPad provides this synchronous editing and there is a connector for Confluence in the marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.imaginarymachines.confluence.etherpadlite.etherpadlite4confluence

This would provide true "crowdsourced meeting notes". I use EtherPad for conferences and group meetings so that all the perspectives in such group settings can be captured.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,122 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you