Code changes after Upgrade: PDF export not working

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

We have just upgraded from Confluence Server version 4.3.7 to version 6.13.20.

The problem is this:
With the new version (and the changes that come with it) the PDF export does not work like before.

What I recognized so far:

• some fonts are not loaded and replaced with others, making headlines look cluttered
  • the info, note and warning macro looks different, both on the wiki pages and on the exported PDF pages
  • some technical stuff like CSS programming is not working like before, resulting in some headlines not being hidden, the numbering of headlines being mixed up

I guess these problems are a combination of different things:

• Changes in the underlying wiki HTM code or the CSS standard file
  • Something missing, something changed when trying to load extra fonts in the CSS stylesheet

Is there an overview of such things, of everything that has changed from version x to y, changes in the HTML code, changes in the standard CSS file, technical changes of other kinds and so on?

3 answers

1 vote
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

Hi @Steffen Heller 

You can check the releases notes of the different versions but I don't know if all the detail you need will appear

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-7-5-upgrade-notes-1001823835.html

Cheers

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2021

One thing that I remember from back then, is that headings are automatically incremented when pages are exported (h1 becomes h2, h2 becomes h3 and so on)?

Has this changed at some point (somewhere between version 3.xx and 6.xxx)?

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2021

Another thought:

Is the default css file the same for different Confluence versions or does it change with new versions.

Is this file still used and included in Confluence 6.xxx ? confluencedefaultpdf.css

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events