Code Macro Plugin for 5.10.3

Buc-ee_s IT August 21, 2016

We are preparing to upgrade to the latest version of Confluence (5.10.3) at the time of this writing, but when I performed the 'Add-In' check I discovered that the 'Code Macro Plugin' is not available for this version (there are others, but we figured we can do with out, so we just disabled them).   The code macro plug in is used through out our pages.    Even if I could just go through and convert it to just HTML or something, I wouldn't even know how to find all of the pages where the macro was being used.   

I really hope someone has some good news for me on this.  These types of things cause us to reconsider using any of the plug-ins because we never know when they will no longer be supported.   

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2016

Hi there, 

This macro is bundled with Confluence so will be automatically updated when you upgrade to Confluence 5.10.  

I'm following up with our dev team to find out why it is appearing in marketplace and the universal plugin manager as not compatible. 

Buc-ee_s IT August 30, 2016

Thank you.  That's great news.   I will proceed with the upgrade

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

What we always do in our environment is create a test instance based on our production instance. I then upgrade the test instance first and check around to make sure everything still works. Mostly I look for a couple of instances of all the add-ons we use and make sure they still work. Normally they still do. The fact that the marketplace says that the add-on does not work with your version may or may not be true. The version compatibility in the marketplace is simply a way for the developer to verify that they have tested the add-on and it works with the versions they have stated. Often times add-ons will work even though they may not be listed as working for a certain version. This is especially true if the APIs that support the add-on have not changed. Atlassian is pretty good about not breaking their APIs. So the best thing to do is just try it out. In fact you can even install add-ons manually that are not listed for a particular Confluence version. You go to the add-on page and download the .jar or .obr file and manually upload it in Confluence Administration.

Buc-ee_s IT August 30, 2016

Thanks.   We actually just started to create a test instance.  We were concerned that there would be a licensing issue, but were told that the license allows us to have a test instance.   

We did find that the code macro does still work.  There have been a lot of other changes, but we're working our way through those now.   

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events