Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cname confluence cloud

Andrew Slack January 15, 2016

Hello There, I am looking to setup a Cname to point to my cloud URL at the moment its:

https://moreniche.atlassian.net/

I was hoping to setup 

https://docs.moreniche.com

Would this be possible, at the moment I am getting a 404 Not Found Error.

4 answers

3 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2016

You cannot use custom domains with Atlassian Cloud products. They have an open feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-6999

You may use a redirect strategy instead, so that when typing docs.moreniche.com they are redirected to moreniche.atlassian.net.

Merrill Oates DA Admin_Own January 21, 2020

Its 2020 now, and Atlassian Cloud users are still forced to use a sub-domain, rather than our own company domain?

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Yes, although you can now change it a bit, with a support request (it remains with the .atlassian.net)

I expect this to change as Cloud is ramping up to support more enterprisey levels, it was definitely on the to-do list when I last spoke to an Atlassian about it.

Like Markus Ståhlberg likes this
Rafael Soghomonyan February 4, 2021

Hello from 2021! Situation is the same. Seems need to find something better than atlassian now, as migrating hundreds of users will be not easy if we start here(((

Like # people like this
Andre Voss April 13, 2022

We write the 13.4.22 it is finally possible to use its own domain ?
It is a poor testimony for this product if this was not implemented until today.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

No change yet.

Armando Carratala August 5, 2022

Do you know if this feature is included in the roadmap of the services? And when could be available?

The first mention was >6 years ago.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

Cloud-6999 is a lot older than that!  Follow that for updates (and jokes...)

Nico July 12, 2023

Greeting from 2023. I am from the future and can tell you its still not possible

Like # people like this
0 votes
Helen Gosper July 14, 2022

Has anyone used Scroll Viewport for Cloud? Its marketing blurb says 'Integrate your site into your larger online presence with custom domains'.

Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2022

Hi Helen,

I'm Sven and I'm part of the team working on Scroll Viewport. Do you have any specific questions about custom domains in Scroll Viewport I can help you with?

If you want to learn how you can set up a custom domain for your Scroll Viewport help center, check out our documentation: https://help-cloud.k15t.com/scroll-viewport/connect-a-custom-domain

As you may notice, our own documentation is built on Scroll Viewport and running on a custom domain (help-cloud.k15t.com) as well. :)

Cheers,
Sven

0 votes
Greg Johnson January 10, 2022

It's 2022.  No chance of custom domains yet?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

It's got a small step further:

People on the more expensive options than "free" and "starter" can now edit their own <something>.atlassian.net in their site Admin settings.  But it still has to be <something>.atlassian.net

Atlassian has said Cloud-6999 is now targetted for Q2 2023, but with incremental changes happening as they build towards a proper implementation (the one above is a small step forward from the list).

0 votes
Дмитрий Самойлов July 16, 2018

any news about this topick guys? i have same issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2018

Steven's answer is still correct at this time.

then only one way to use own cname - using server version right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2018

Correct, yes.  You need to run Server on something that you control the cname for.  (Or get a hosting company to run Server for you)

nice) we everytime find some of ways)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events