Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud migration assistant: Keeps failing because user limit is reached?

Deleted user February 10, 2020

Hey everybody,

we'd like to move our on-premise Confluence installation to the Atlassian cloud using the included MIgration assitant.

We enable the free Cloud Extended Trial at my.atlassian.net which provides us with 25 user licenses.

Right now, we have 25 licensed users on our on-premises Confluence installation, so migrating all users should be possible.

However, the migration job keeps failing with an unexpected error because we would exceed our user limit and asks us to upgrade our cloud plan.

I've attached some screenshots to illustrate:

1.png2.png3.png

Unsure what the actual problem is, as far as I can tell we should be good with our 25 users?

Anybody knows what's going on here?

Thanks in advance,

Dominik

1 answer

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

@[deleted]  Please could you provide more detailed logs in  <confluence_installation_dir>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

Kind regards,

Mo

Deleted user February 10, 2020

Hi Moses,

thanks for answering.

I've uploaded a copy of the atlassian-confluence.log to OneDrive:

https://dominikwagner-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/dominik/Ee_PEKfslPpNrIWmt6nZCL0B9CFYl5IIGFyUJFHrQnX12A?e=IiqzsY 

Thanks again!

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

@[deleted]  After going through  the logs  you have provided it seems  you are having problems with  database  server connection.  And lots  of errors for several batch  actions by cloud migration agent plugin.

2020-02-04 20:18:51,357 ERROR [Caesium-1-2] [engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper] doLog Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 19.421 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago.
2020-02-04 20:18:51,359 ERROR [Caesium-1-2] [migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker] error An error occurred when getting the next batch for consumer type: CONFLUENCE_EXPORT. Message: Unable to acquire JDBC Connection
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Unable to acquire JDBC Connection

There is proper documentation  here,  how to  connect confluence to  the database

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-mysql-128747.html

As it could be that  there could  be several reason for packets not been propagate btw your database  server

Possible  solution.

1. In documentation i  have provided,  check your  my.cnf is set properly,  you can see how to do it in the documentation

Specify the value of max_allowed_packet to be at least 256M:

2. May sure that your JDBC  driver is compatible with Your confluence version

3. Linux: /etc/mysql/my.cnf or /etc/my.cnf (depending on the Linux distribution and MySQL package used)

Windows: C:**ProgramData**\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\my.ini (Notice it's ProgramData, not Program Files)

changing "bind-address" attribute

Uncomment "bind-address" attribute or change it to one of the following IPs:

bind-address="127.0.0.1"   or database IP address(static IP for example)

or

bind-address="0.0.0.0"

4. check Operating System proxy settings, firewalls and anti-virus programs

5. commenting out "skip-networking"

If there is a "skip-networking" line in your MySQL config file, make it comment by adding "#" sign at the beginning of that line.

6. change "wait_timeout" and "interactive_timeout"

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_wait_timeout

Add these lines to the MySQL config file:

wait_timeout = number

interactive_timeout = number

connect_timeout = number

Please reply once you  are able to  solve this issue  remember to check  proper setting  data base connection  with your confluence server  from the link i have  provided.

Kind regards,

Moses.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events