Cloud applications integrated with G Suite, what if we have more than 2000 accounts on Google

Horace Su January 15, 2018

In Atlassian Cloud, the maximum licensed user count is 2000 users, I saw some articles indicate, if the user accounts reach it, then the admin can't add more.

I am just wondering what if we integrate with G Suite and our G Suite has more than 2000 users, what will happen?

Another question related to Confluence Cloud, I know we can set spaces open to anonymous users with no accounts, is there any configuration can be configured to allow "customers" be able to view but we don't need to give them the licenses.
In our case, we have more than 2000 users need to access Confluence, which means we can't take Cloud edition Atlassian products as our solution due to the user limit.

(Why I use "customers" is because service desk has this feature.)

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

Hi Horace,

You'll want to make a specific group in G Suite that will sync with the instance so that it doesn't sync all users. Have a look at this:

Under How to connect G Suite to your Atlassian Cloud site, in step 4 you will choose your groups.

If you were to sync all 2000+ users, the first 2000 would add and then after that it would fail, and not permit any further users to be added.

For your 2nd question, we have the ability to link a specific space in Confluence to Service Desk. You can read more about this in Serving your customers with a knowledge base. Once you provide access via Service Desk to the space, the users can also visit Confluence directly and view the data within the space. All the configuration can be done from Jira Service Desk's side, as long as you select the option "Everyone with access to your service desk".

Let us know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Horace Su January 17, 2018

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your quick answer, it was helpful.
Here comes another question, you mentioned: "If you were to sync all 2000+ users, the first 2000 would add and then after that it would fail, and not permit any further users to be added."

I was thinking if we can deactivate some of the first 2000 users right after the first sync and do it over again and again until all users are synced (we do have a list listed the active users), in this way, we might don't need to create groups and add users manually, and the users can retain the same password as what they are using on G-apps instead of registering another one account on Atlassian.

Would it be possible?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi Horace,

I assume you mean that you will deactivate the users on the Cloud side, and not Google, correct?

If so, I would say this may possibly work. It is an untested scenario, and not the way we would recommend doing it, but you can try it and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Shannon

Horace Su January 21, 2018

Thanks, Shannon. I will try it if we eventually decide to go with cloud products.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2018

You're welcome, Horace!

Take care and have a pleasant week.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events