Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Migration Assistant not compatible with SQL Server back-end database?

logicbox-corp September 15, 2019

I just upgraded to Confluence Server version 5.10 so we could migrate to the cloud. 

However, we are using SQL Server as our database back-end and it won't work as it looks like the migration assistant is trying to create a BOOLEAN data type in a migration table in SQL Server, which is not supported:

caused by: liquibase.exception.LockException: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Column, parameter, or variable #2: Cannot find data type BOOLEAN. [Failed SQL: CREATE TABLE MIG_DB_CHANGELOG_LOCK (ID INT NOT NULL, LOCKED BOOLEAN NOT NULL, LOCKGRANTED datetime, LOCKEDBY VARCHAR(255), CONSTRAINT PK_MIG_DB_CHANGELOG_LOCK PRIMARY KEY (ID))]

I saw a tech reply in a Cloud Migration Assistant review thread that they no longer XML importing and have to use the Migration Assistant?

Do I have to install a stand-alone Confluence installation or one using myssql or other database, restore to that from my XML backup THEN use the migration assistant to move to the cloud?

Thanks to anyone with info!

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2019

Hello,

Thanks for reporting your issue with the migration assistance and include the log output as well. We’d like to understand a bit more around why this is occurring and with that said, could you please tell us the MS SQL version along with patch level you’re currently running?

I ask this because Confluence 5.10 only supports MS SQL 2012 and 2014, so an older MS SQL instance may be causing an issue with this (along with the database compatibility level being below 2012 or 2014). More about the support platforms of Confluence 5.10 may be found at Supported Platforms

If you’re able to change the compatibility level of your database, then please review View or Change the Compatibility Level of a Database

As far as your workaround to pre migrate to MySQL then use the migration assistant, this should work. We would ask you to ensure all of your attachments and recent edits are in place before migrating to ensure there was no loss of data during the pre-migration steps.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Jeremy Goemaat September 17, 2019

This database is "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP3) - 10.50.6220.0 (X64) Mar 19 2015 12:32:14 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)".

I will upgrade the database to 2014 in the next day or two to give it a try, but from my research NO VERSIONS of SQL SERVER support the BOOLEAN data type, so that same SQL statement is going to fail, correct?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events