Children Macro Generating Incorrect Links

Simon Ketcheson June 27, 2017

On my Confluence space overview page, I have multiple children macros set up to organise articles. The macros suddenly started pointing to inaccurate or non-existant urls that kick back to the overview page instead of the article:

Actual page:
https://[...].atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OAD/pages/17465494/...
Macro generated url (non-functional):
https://[...].atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17465494

The same macro is producing a mix of these links, some that function as intended, others that are broken. I tried regenerating the macro but it's still not functional.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2017

Hi Simon,

I believe the problem you're running into could be related to the New Look Confluence, specifically, this bug:

- CONFCLOUD-56074

Can you have a look at your user profile settings and let me know if you have a custom site homepage set (other than the default)? 

As a workaround, you would be able to click on your profile photo in the bottom left-hand corner and click Opt Out. This will temporarily opt you out of the New Look until the issues are resolved. Please be sure to leave your feedback in the provided form when doing so.

Thank you and 

Kind Regards,

Shannon

Simon Ketcheson July 24, 2017

Hi Shannon, thanks for your reply. It looks like the bug has been resolved and the macros are now functioning as expected.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

Hi Simon,

Happy to hear you are able to confirm that. Please feel free to accept my answer if you believe it to be the same issue you were experiencing.

Take care and Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events