Children Display macro with Include Excerpts not showing Images

Jithesh G May 13, 2013

Hi All,

I have a page, where i created an excerpts with an image and a few texts. In one of my other pages, i am usign the Children Display macro with Include Excerpts enabled. But i can only see the text from other child pages, no image.

I also tried with excerpts include macro, but this time i am getting the image from other pages.

But why the images are not showing up in the Children Display macro?

Thanks in advance,

JitheshG

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jithesh G May 28, 2013

Thanks Thomas, but i managed to find another solution by creating a user macro wrapping excerpt-include. And now its working...

0 votes
Bart Geens February 10, 2015

I believe this would be an axample of the user macro wrapping excerpt-include @Jithesh G was talking about. works for me

#set($count = 0)                                                 ## remove this line to display all children 
#set ($childpages = $content.getChildren())
#foreach ($page in $childpages)
      #if ($count < 6) ## just display the 1st 6 children        ## remove this line to display all children
<p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="excerpt-include"><ac:parameter ac:name=""><ac:link><ri:page ri:content-title="$page.displayTitle" /></ac:link></ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="nopanel">true</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro> </p>
        #set($count = $count + 1)                                ## remove this line to display all childre 
      #end                                                       ## remove this line to display all children 
#end
0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2013

Hi Jithesh,

I think, the Children Display Macro is only showing the first line of the excerpt, if there is text before the image, the image is not shown.

Another thing: Try to insert your image on the excerpt-source-page fully qualified, i.e. with space-ID and page name. In Wiki Markup it is looking something like that: !SpaceID:Pagename^imagename!

We use an older Confluence-Version and there, this helps. Without the full qualified name, we have the same problem: the image is not found.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
Jithesh G May 16, 2013

Knock knock... Anyone here...

Any help is appreciated....

Thanks in advance,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events