Children Display: How to prevent anything below a line item from being displayed?

Luis P. October 6, 2022

I am using the Children Display macro using the Excerpt Display of rich content. The intention is to only show two sections (the first two H3 headers and its text). Some of the children display more data than I want them to show.

Is there some character that I can enter into the page that will tell the macro to not display anything below a certain line?

If this is not possible, how can I get this into a Feature/Enhancement Request so it goes into a future build?

2 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2022

@Luis P. 

You can try the below method:

create page A with no restrictions. create page B with restrictions - put your content into 'excerpt' macro

on page A insert 'include excerpt' macro (with restricted content from page B)

content from the restricetd page will not appear but will display error message as below:

"User xxxx does not have permission to view this page. "

Thanks,

Srinath T

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2022

Hi @Luis P. ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. 

If i have understood your requirement correctly, you want to restrict part of the page or hide part of the page from getting displayed. There is no such built in feature in confluence. But there are some paid plugins which will help you achieve this 

I hope the above info helps. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

andreas.kyriacou February 7, 2023

I don't thin that's what the OP wants. They seem to be complaining about the erratic behaviour of the "rich content" preview feature. (And rightly so.)

There really should be a way to define how much of a subpage or a page selected by a label search is to be included in the "rich content" extract that is shown in the aggregating page.

Luis P. December 12, 2023

Andreas is correct. The amount of content displayed does not meet expectations that is provided. Thus, I was hoping there was a way to ensure it met the expectations (maybe some hidden code can be embedded into the page to ensure that what is displayed does not exceed below that point).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events