Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist output to child page

Martin Thorpe August 23, 2011

Hello

I am attempting to use the checlists plugin. What I want, and according to the docs it should function, is to edit an input field on the check list and this will in turn update the chld page of the row that the input is related to. This is what the docs say:

Determines where to store the value. Use rows to store the values for this column into the pages representing each row (metadata value name is <Column Heading>), or checklist to store the values into the page containing the checklist (metadata value name is <Column Heading>.<Row page title>)

As far as I understand this means that I can modify the list, and the changes will be propagated back to the page.

What do I need to do to set this up? Do I need another plugin? (metadata for instance although installing metadata 2 plugin results in an error everytime I save a page) Or can it be done just with Confluence and the checklist plugin?

We are using Confluence 3.5.7

2 answers

0 votes
WolframS July 11, 2012

I understand the question that Martin wants to display the information of the "input" within the "checklist"-table on a childpage. If so - I have the same problem. I consulted the documentation but this refers to the "AdHoc Canvas" plugin. We don't have it currently. Possibly I want to do the same thing as Martin. Unfortuantely I can't find this information on the web.... (We are using confluence 4.2.1)

Cheers

Wolf

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

The section you quoted notes that a metadata value will be used for the child pages. So, if you want to use that data in other ways, I think you will need the metadata plugin or scaffolding. All the checklist cares about is that it uses the metadata to give persistence to the input text.

Here is a simple example that works for me.

{checklist:name=Example 2}
  {checklist-label:BinaryValue?|label=binaryvalue}
  {checklist-input:My Data Values|cols=20|store}
{checklist}

You, of course, need to have pre-existing child pages for it to work.
If you are still stuck, please post the markup you are using.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events