Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking AddOns before upgrading Confluence

Jorge Mora October 18, 2017

Hi all!

I'm upgrading a Confluence instance. First of all, I'm doing it in a test environment, but after upgrading it in a production environment, I want to ensure that all plugins are upgraded without issues.

What do you recommend to do? Is it a good idea to enable Safe Mode after upgrade to disable all plugins and then exit to this Safe Mode? Flush the cache before upgrade could be another option?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jorge.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2017

Hi Jorge,

I do none of that. But of course, I try do be as safe as possible like that:

• update all apps (plugins) to a version that supports your new Confluence version also
  • create a whole copy (if possible) of your production Confluence and move it to your testing stage - everything, database, files, attachments
  • update confluence in your testing environment as you would do it later in your production environment
  • test, test, test and let others test
  • Backup your production environment completely (server, home directory and database) in case you encounter problems.
  • update confluence 

That's how we upgrade (and we have quite a lot of apps). Up to now, I've never had big issues by upgrading Confluence like that. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events