Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkboxes with personal settings

Nikita Gavrilenko March 18, 2021

Hello

I'm curious about is there any function for my needs.

I need to assign the personal task via checkbox or any other function / macros.

There 2 possible solution cases:

--

Case 1:

The assignee should be the only person who can fill in the checkbox (or complete the task in any other method).

Everyone who have the permission to view the page should see if the assignee completed the task or not.

--

Case 2:

As the task set via checkbox or some similar function every visitor of the page should see who filled in the checkbox.

----

Now I have troubles with tasks & reports because I can't find the solution of the above mentioned cases.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Nikita Gavrilenko,

I'm one of the developers of Task Reminder for Confluence. We're currently collecting ideas & feature requests to expand it and use cases like yours are exactly what we are looking for.

Use Case 1

I think the only way you can implement this is by creating a page that only the assignee can edit, but everyone else can view. This way, the viewers should not be able to complete the task.

Use Case 2

I believe with Vanilla Confluence tools this is in fact not possible at the moment. However, we are looking to expand the Space Overview of Task Reminder to maybe show something like a "Task Updates Stream" where you could see the last updates made in a given space regarding tasks. (e.g. "Task Created", "Task Completed", ...)

Additionally, we are looking at adding a better Task Report macro to Task Reminder because we know how limited the default one is. Here, we certainly display the user who completed a given task. Would this be what you need? Where else would you expect to be able to see this information? Would like like to be able to see this kind of information on a page level without needing a macro? E.g. imagine there being a "Tasks" button on each page in this position:

atlcom_trccld.png

Would this be useful for you?

If you have any more ideas / use cases regarding Confluence tasks, please let me know! If we like your ideas, they might make it into Task Reminder! :)

Cheers,
Sven

Nikita Gavrilenko March 19, 2021

Hello, @Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_ 

Nice to see your reply, thanks.

Use case 2 is a little bit like what I need.

Let me describe the detailed case. It's about negotiations.
For example, I create a new version of documentation. I need my boss to approve it. 
The simpliest thing is just to use "Like". But if there is a different parts of the document that should be approved by different people the task becomes complicated.

I thought about some kind of personal approvement function. If there are no possibility, I'll think about using comments & likes for my needs.

Cheers,
Nikita

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events