Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart macro with Page Properties Report macro as data table won't render on Publish? Preview works.

Rab Tait June 5, 2019

I have a Chart macro set to a Gantt chart. The data for this is a Page Properties Report. In Edit mode, the Preview show the chart. However on Publish, no chart is rendered on the page. Has anyone got this working? Note that this is the Chart macro. I'm not using the Chart from Table Marketplace addon.

Screenshot 2019-06-05 at 14.56.27.png

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2019

Hello Rab,

As a workaround you can use Chart from Table macro which is compatible with Page Properties Report macro. This macro comes with Table Filter and Charts app.

Rab Tait June 18, 2019

Thanks yes. I've got a trial of this add-on and it does work as I want in terms of rendering data. However, the lack of control over the colors used for dynamically generated charts is a bit of an issue. The charts end up looking like they've been colored in by a child with a big box of crayons. I've added a change request to define a color set to be applied and used for each data series plotted on the chart. It's for a gantt chart of all live projects showing high level status of each. I can't see us paying for this add-on as it currently stands. Presentation is important at the level this output will be used.

I know that the colors can be set individually post generation. But this is not practical for dynamic content.

Like Shannon S likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hi Rab,

Starting from version 5.1.6 of the app Gantt chart bars have the same color by default. All existing charts will remain unchanged, but it possible to switch their color scheme to a single color in the macro settings. Also you can switch back to multi-color scheme in new macros if needed.

This improvement will be shipped to Cloud version of the app soon.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

This improvement is shipped to the Cloud version now.

Like Shannon S likes this
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2021

Hello @Rab Tait,

Please note that we've released the 7.9.0 version, added the capability to select custom chart colors from a table.

Select the corresponding columns with colors for the Colors in the table columns option.
You can use colors from this list or define your own HEX code colors.

2021-08-31_18h10_19.png

Katerina
Stiltsoft

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hello Rab,

Thank you for contacting us!

I have discovered that other users have been having the same issue, in the report below:

At this time, we're working to determine if it's expected not to work, or if this is a bug.

Please click Vote for this issue and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers for updates.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Shannon

Nicolas (Nick) Rion May 13, 2020

Hey Shannon, 

Almost 1 year and no news about this, can we have an update?

I cannot vote or watch the issue anymore.

Thanks for your help

-Nick

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2020

Hi @Nicolas (Nick) Rion,

This particular feature request is in its prioritization phase, according to our New Features Policy workflow. This means that the feature has not yet been included in our upcoming roadmap.

I'm not quite sure why you might not be able to vote or watch the issue. I've tested this now with my Atlassian customer account, and I'm able to both vote and watch:

CleanShot 2020-05-13 at 15.02.44.png

How does that section look for you? If those links are greyed out, can you confirm that you're currently logged into jira.atlassian.com? If you look in the top right-hand corner of the page, you should see your avatar.

CleanShot 2020-05-13 at 15.05.01.png

Thank you,

Shannon

Nicolas (Nick) Rion May 14, 2020

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

I could vote today, not sure what happened yesterday though, the links were greyed out.

I'll be watching this closely.

Best

Nick

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 14, 2020

Hi Nick,

No worries! You know, sometimes that Jira site will log me out automatically, even though I'm logged my account everywhere else. It's possible that could have happened to you that one day, and since then you been logged back in. Let me know if you have any trouble in the future.

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week!

Shannon

0 votes
Claudia J. Lara October 20, 2022

it does not work with the last confluence version

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events