Chart Macro - use only select rows and change the order of columns

Tabea Wich March 21, 2019

Dear community,

I have tables including revenue, operating profit and profitability with time periods reaching from right to left as common in annual reports. Now I want to create charts from that and as revenue and profitability can hardly be displayed in the same chart I want two charts one only using the row labelled revenue and one using the row labelled profitability. Additionally, I want the chart to use the columns other way around i.e. dates should reach from left to right as usual in charts. 

Is this possible? 

Thanks for you help in advance :-) 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2019

Hello @Tabea Wich

If you could share a screenshot of table with data, it would easier to give you advice.

As I see Table Filter and Charts will be helpful in this case:

• You can use Table filter macro to filter out revenue and profitability rows for each chart.
  • Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros will help you to avoid copying the table for each chart macro.
  • Not sure, but you may need to aggregate values for profitability and revenue with Pivot Table macro instead of filtering tables.
  • And you can use Chart from Table macro that is compatible with Table Filter and Pivot Table macros.

There is a demo site where you can play with the app to see if suits your needs. Also you can contact support for personal assistance.

Tabea Wich March 22, 2019

Thanks a lot for you help! Unfortunately, my organization doesn't have these macros. I guess, there's no way to do it just with the regular chart macro?

tables with charts.JPGthis is my table and the charts I want to create

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2019

I tried to do it with the Chart macro, but it looks like impossible to do.

Here what I got with Chart from Table macro:

2019-03-22_17h16_20.png2019-03-22_17h16_36.pngThe Chart from Table macro is a part of Table Filter and Charts app, you need to install it to get the macro.

okay thanks a lot for you help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events