Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart Macro Rendering Issue (preview fine)

Julien Demri May 3, 2019

Hi there,

I am currently fighting with the chart macro to have the data displayed properly.

When I managed (I think) to display the data as I wanted, the preview in the macro works fine.

For information, I use a Page Property Reports as data for my chart.

When I save the macro and publish the page, the chart is not displaying...

Any idea?

Many thanks

5 answers

1 vote
Deleted user September 24, 2019

There is a change request regarding the problems we are facing:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-51867

hopefully it will get enough attention...

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

Chart macro is not compatible with macros, that produce tables dynamically. Page Properties Report (PPR) is one them:

• In the macro preview PPR outputs the table as static content on the server side. So when the chart is rendered for the macro preview on the server, it gets the PPR table.
  • When you view the page, PPR outputs no table, then it makes a request to Confluence server, receives the tables in the response and attaches it to the page using javascript. So in this case the chart has no data when it is rendered on the server.

As a workaround you can use Chart from Table macro (Table Filter and Charts app) that is compatible with dynamic macros and PPR as well. This macro builds charts on the client side, that's why it works properly with such macros.

0 votes
Julien Demri May 29, 2019

Any other suggestion @Diego ?

0 votes
Deleted user May 14, 2019

I am experiencing the exact same issue, also in Confluence Cloud.

The only difference is that my graph makes use of a table in an excerpt-include from another page. At the moment the table is filled with test data, so nothing sensitive to see here :)

I have tried adding the table directly into the chart (instead of using the excerpt-include), but the result was the same. 
The reason I am trying to get this to work is so that our Scrum-master only has to update one table and that all charts and graphs will change.
If we can't get this to work, he has to change 4 charts and the big table after every sprint.

See the screenshots below:

Source table:

source_table.pngChart preview:

chart_preview.pngPage in edit mode:

page_edit_view.png

Page after publishing:

page_after_publish.png

Julien Demri May 29, 2019

Funny enough I am trying to display the exact same kind of data :)

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2019

Hey, hello there Julien!

Have you tried to check the same page with another browser or even a different machine? We could try this and rule out the browser or your computer as the root of this behaviour.

• Try another browser
  • Try the browser's incognito mode
  • Try another machine

Further, could you clarify a few points for us? Here they are:

1. Has this worked at some point in the past?
  2. Is this affecting other pages as well?
  3. Are other addons displaying as expected?
  4. Is there any kind of error displayed when you publish the page?

One last thing! Are you on Confluence Cloud or Server? You can more easily identify them based on the sidebars. Here they are:

Confluence Cloud:

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 18.01.45.png

Confluence Server:

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 18.03.32.png

Also, could you share a screenshot of what you see when you publish the page? Just be careful not to display any sensitive information with this screenshots. Our Community is an open space and as such, anyone can see everything posted here.

Looking forward to your reply Julien!

Julien Demri May 8, 2019

Hi Diego, thanks for your reply.

I have tried another browser, private mode, and another machine. The result is still the same.

• Has this worked at some point in the past?
    • This is the first time I try to to that
  • Is this affecting other pages as well?
    • I don't know as it is the first time I try
  • Are other addons displaying as expected?
    • As far as I know yes
  • Is there any kind of error displayed when you publish the page?
    • No

We are using Confluence Cloud.

This is the preview I get in the macro preview viewer.

Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 11.36.44.png

When I publish the page, I could send you a screenshot but basically Nothing is displayed.

Although if I choose to display graph data before or after, it displays the table of data when I publish the page, but still not the graph.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events