I am currently fighting with the chart macro to have the data displayed properly.
When I managed (I think) to display the data as I wanted, the preview in the macro works fine.
For information, I use a Page Property Reports as data for my chart.
When I save the macro and publish the page, the chart is not displaying...
Hey, hello there Julien!
Have you tried to check the same page with another browser or even a different machine? We could try this and rule out the browser or your computer as the root of this behaviour.
Further, could you clarify a few points for us? Here they are:
- Has this worked at some point in the past?
- Is this affecting other pages as well?
- Are other addons displaying as expected?
- Is there any kind of error displayed when you publish the page?
One last thing! Are you on Confluence Cloud or Server? You can more easily identify them based on the sidebars. Here they are:
Also, could you share a screenshot of what you see when you publish the page? Just be careful not to display any sensitive information with this screenshots. Our Community is an open space and as such, anyone can see everything posted here.
Looking forward to your reply Julien!
Hi Diego, thanks for your reply.
I have tried another browser, private mode, and another machine. The result is still the same.
We are using Confluence Cloud.
This is the preview I get in the macro preview viewer.
When I publish the page, I could send you a screenshot but basically Nothing is displayed.
Although if I choose to display graph data before or after, it displays the table of data when I publish the page, but still not the graph.
I am experiencing the exact same issue, also in Confluence Cloud.
The only difference is that my graph makes use of a table in an excerpt-include from another page. At the moment the table is filled with test data, so nothing sensitive to see here :)
I have tried adding the table directly into the chart (instead of using the excerpt-include), but the result was the same.
The reason I am trying to get this to work is so that our Scrum-master only has to update one table and that all charts and graphs will change.
If we can't get this to work, he has to change 4 charts and the big table after every sprint.
See the screenshots below:
Page in edit mode:
Page after publishing:
Chart macro is not compatible with macros, that produce tables dynamically. Page Properties Report (PPR) is one them:
As a workaround you can use Chart from Table macro (Table Filter and Charts app) that is compatible with dynamic macros and PPR as well. This macro builds charts on the client side, that's why it works properly with such macros.
Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events