Chart Macro - Gantt Chart - Not Displaying Chart/No Data Available

tmeyer December 18, 2019

I have been unsuccessful in creating a Gantt chart using the native Chart macro, and I am just unsure if it is the macro or how I have set it up. What am I missing? 

Steps:

1. Insert Chart Macro
  2. Select Gantt
  3. Insert table of data into the macro space
  4. Set Tables to '1' and Columns to '1, 2, 3'Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 9.23.28 AM.png

If the macro no longer supports gantt, that would be good to know. I am NOT interested in third party plugins/solutions. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2019

Hello,

Happy to help with this. Using the Gantt Chart example from our documentation:

CleanShot 2019-12-30 at 17.04.04.png

I am able to display your data from a table. Can you try adding the two commas before your list as the example shows, and let me know if you still encounter the issue?

Regards,

Shannon

Marcel Pfeiffer June 25, 2021

Hi Shannon,

I am very happy that I found you answer on the issue because I was facing the same issue and it is solved.

Anyway, I was wondering how can I adjust a few things on my gantt diagramm because it is still not working correclty I guess.

1) The status beam in my gantt is not correct. Even I inserted 30%, it overruns the  start and end dates.

2) How can I change the date which is shown above for orientation. I would like to start with 6/01/2021

I highly appreciate an answer.

Regards

Marcel

Unbenannt.jpg

Miriam Berro December 23, 2021

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with status beam shown in the screen capture above.

Do you get an answer? resolution?

Thank you

Miriam Berro December 23, 2021

Hello again,

I have just discovered and solved the problem

1. Instead of using % (ex. 30%), I put the real number (0.3)

2. My Confluence is "between" English and French, so I used "," instead of "." (Ex. 0,3)

Thank you anyway

amitc January 10, 2023

Old confluence UI was simple to use. In new one, got into the same issue and ended up spending an hours. Why it has to be this complicated?

Anyway, solution advised here worked for me. Thanks!

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2021

Hi @tmeyer and @Marcel Pfeiffer , please check if you use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app for your instance (maybe it's installed but you don't use it - try to find the Table Filter or Chart from Table macros in the macrobrowser).

It's our add-on and the mentioned Chart from Table macro provides an advanced Gantt Chart with many additional functions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events