Changing username in Confluence Ondemand?

Torsten Anderson February 11, 2014

Although the filed looks editable when you choose Edit detalis it is not possible to change the username. The manual says it can be done but it is not possible in our instance of Confluence Ondemand.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

Without more details from what is happening, I suspect you'll need the help of Atlassian support engineers. Try logging a ticket for this at https://support.atlassian.comunder the Confluence OnDemand project.

UPDATE: I've been informed it is not possible to change usernames in OnDemand :)

It is possible in the locally installed distribution of Confluence, so you may have been looking at that particular documentation.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2014

I don't believe it's possible to change usernames in OnDemand, where is the manual saying it can be done?

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

I have gotten hundreds of emails from this thread. Someone please make it stop!

Andreas February 11, 2014

This is happening to me too!

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Is anyone else getting spammed by this question? It's only had three entries but I've had a least ten email notifications. Cheers.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2014

It appears that the question asker (Torsten) was repeatedly accepting and un-accepting the correct answer, over and over again, and causing an email notification to be sent each time.

I have temporarily suspended Torsten's account in the hopes that it will stop it from happening.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Joseph, since I wrote my msg to you I've had three more emails about this. They all seem to say that person a accepted person b's answer. Cheers.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Joseph, thank you. :) I've just come home to find another eight emails! :)

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
February 11, 2014

OK, even though I suspended the user, it's possible that there are lots of pending email notifications queued up in the system from earlier. I'll dig in to this some more.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
February 11, 2014

Thanks, Davin!

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2014

OK, looks like the storm of emails has stopped for now.

I digged in to what was causing this to happen and think it could be an Outlook/Exchange issue - I actually asked a question on stackoverflow to see if my suspsicions are correct: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21767712/does-outlook-web-access-pre-fetch-or-pre-load-links-from-html-emails

I also raised a bug report in ANSWERS to fix the problem in Answers that makes it vulnerable to this behaviour: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-1291

Thanks everyone for your patience, and for taking the time to report the issue to us - without you raising your hand we wouldn't have known this was happening.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events