It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Changing page types

How do I change the type/format of a page from "blank" to "How To"?

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jun 21, 2018

Hi Doris,

You may choose the How To page template from the ellipses ( ... ) menu when creating a new page. 

Please see Page Templates for tips on how to use them.

Note: There is no way to apply a template to an existing page. A workaround is to create a new page using the How To template and then copy/paste the content from the existing page.

Thanks,

Ann

My question was in regard to changing an existing page. I assumed there wasn't an easy solution, so I created a new page. Thanks.

Like Awulakma na nee !!! likes this

It would be nice if it were possible to change the page type later.

Like # people like this

This isn't really solved...is there a way to update the page type after it's been created? 

With the new editing experience, we are looking to edit our pages with the new layouts. This is an issue we need to find out if there is a resolution rather than re-creating all of our legacy pages. Hoping someone is able to help! 

We are having the same issue. Old pages looks complete different than the new layout which seems percent based. Font size looks really big in the new layout compared to the legacy pages...

Like Amy Nihad likes this

Not solved at all.

So this won't change the format of a page, but it will change the type for purposes of showing up in the default page-list widgets (e.g. How-Tos, Decisions, etc).

Simply apply a label to a page to make it show up as a different page type.

For instance:

if you have a normal page, hit "l" to bring up the label menu, add the label "kb-how-to-article" (and don't forget to hit "Add", because bad UX). You'll now see that page in the default "How-to articles" page that's created whenever you add how-to pages to a space.

To figure out the label name you need, go to one of the list pages, edit it, and then inspect the widget that auto-displays the list of pages. In that widget config will be the label you want to apply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Bring information from GitHub into Confluence

I’ve got a couple of questions for you. Do you write technical documentation? What about technical documentation that references code and files from GitHub? In this article you will learn how to in...

32 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you