Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing JIRA Confluence Link Display

JL January 27, 2013

Is there a way to change the format of how linked JIRA tickets show up in Confluence? Particularly, we would like the Due Date parameter to show up on Confluence.

The other option we had was using the query page, but that doesn't seem to be a "snapshot" -- we don't want this to keep updating, it's for a meeting notes page.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2013

The links are supposed to be dynamic, not snapshots.

If you want a snapshot, you'll need to grab the data you need as a one off and paste it into a static page (I'd still use a table of course).

JL January 28, 2013

That's fine. I was talking about the insertion of a table of a a JIRA query. Showing the ticket status is great, but we don't want it to automatically update the tickets listed themselves.

ie. we list who is working on what, we don't want it to update to the currently assigned tickets, but updating the status to closed is still desired.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2013

But that's what I mean - it's supposed to be dynamic. I'm not sure what you mean by "update automatically" - it needs humans to tell it what to do.

JL January 28, 2013

Currently, as part of our documentation, we document each of our bi-weekly meetings, and manually link each ticket being worked on, using the "Add JIRA Link".

We make a new Confluence page for each meeting. What I'm getting at is that the ticket status should be updated, but the actual tickets being worked on does not change. If I look back at a page from a month ago, it should show all of the tickets worked on during that period (and hopefully, the status would be marked as "closed").

There's two ways of adding JIRA issues right now. One is based off of a LIVE search query, and shows it in a table. This wouldn't help us, as it would change if you looked at a previous meeting.The other one is the manual "Link Issue", where you specify the individual issue to link. We use the latter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events