Change request: Default Confluence Section width to Fullscreen

Adam Rudd August 6, 2018

Hi Atlassian, 

As a Business Analyst I'm using Confluence a lot. Every single page I create uses sections (which is awesome), and each section requires me to mouse up to the "section type" option in order to change from the default "Single Column" view to "Full Width"

This takes me approximately 3 seconds per section, per page. On average I create around 10 sections per page, which is around 30 seconds per page. 

If even 1000 users are doing this, that's 8.3 HOURS clicking a button which was perfectly fine before the introduction of single column. 

Do you have telemetry on how often people make this change? It's driving me nuts having to do this every time, and given people are generally on 16:9 screens, makes sense that others would have a similar gripe. 

Thanks in advance, 

Adam

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 12.43.29 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2018

Hello @Adam Rudd and welcome to Community!

You should add your vote and comment to this suggestion: Allow selecting layout for new sections, this is where customers can submit bugs and feature suggestions.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Jason Ball
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 22, 2019

I want to add that I use Confluence with two Separate client companies - one companies Confluence deployment sections open Full-Width by default, the second annoyingly as Adam says above creates the new section with a narrow middle 'single column' (Which isn't even an option on the Section Type right?

What is up with that? (and how do we fix it to default to full screen?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events