Change numbered bullet style?

KC_Baltz August 7, 2014

Is there a way to customize the numbered bullets? Confluence by default has three levels of ident as

a.

i.

I've been asked to provide support for:

Is this possible and can it be done in the On Demand version of Confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2014

Please inspect my picture below. Is this what you are looking for? I am not sure if this can be done on Atlassian OnDemand.

This is CSS styling code. Normally this should go in your CSS style sheet but as an AOD subscriber you do not have access to the style sheet as per AOD restricted functions. If you can use the HTML macro, you would be able to paste this css there as well.

<style type="text/css">
ol {
    counter-reset: item;
}
ol li {
    display: block;
    position: relative;
}
ol li:before {
    content: counters(item, ".")".";
    counter-increment: item;
    position: absolute;
    margin-right: 100%;
    right: 10px; /* space between number and text */
}
</style>

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4098195/can-ordered-list-produce-result-that-looks-like-1-1-1-2-1-3-instead-of-just-1

KC_Baltz August 8, 2014

That works with the HTML macro, but it has some obvious downsides including having to manually add it and having it not be visible while you're editing. I'll +1 your answer for now, but I'm hoping there's a way to do this globally.

I'm quickly becoming disillusioned with the OnDemand versions...

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2014

I apologize for the incomplete answer. I work typically with self-hosted versions of Atlassian products so that's where my mind rests. I'll continue to think about this a bit but without being able to edit the stylesheet or the source file itself I don't see a great way to add this everywhere.

As you said this won't help with viewing the code in the editior, but if pasting it in every page is getting old you could add it to a template. Everytime you select your template this would be included automatically.

You may be able to go to your Atlassian Rep and ask them if this is possible, since you know exactly what you want modified now (the global css) although I don't see them having the ability to make this change for you either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events