It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change limit of expanded children (REST API)

I am fetching several levels of children through the REST API using the expand functionality, but I am unable to figure out how to change the limit of the number of children returned.  It is always 25, even if I raise the limit on the top level.  Is this possible?  If so what is the syntax?

The call I am making is rest/api/content/search?cql=id=111&limit=200&expand=children.page,children.page.children.page

6 answers

You probably need to provide more details on exactly which REST api you are using and with what arguments?

Good point @Robert Massaioli, updated my question to include the path that I am using.

Anybody found the answer to this?

Running into the same issue as Gary so I tried to call children directly attached to a page, with the hopes that the API would accept a limit on that call: 

/rest/api/content/14778915/child?expand=page.body.view&limit=250

I tried this and it works

/rest/api/content/9666655/child/page?limit=200

9666655 is a page with a lot of child.

The issue is when using the expand functionality on the search.  Using the child endpoint does not provide the same data.

Any help here, @Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_ ?

I am also trying to use the Content API to get content. Any time you include some expands, the API ignores the Start and Limit parameters.

e.g. content/653690267?start=10&limit=25&expand=descendants.page

Firstly, there are a number of questions that are about the REST APIs. Usually, the best location to go to ask these questions are the Developer Community: https://community.developer.atlassian.com

As for the problems themselves, it seems that people are trying to iterate the children of a single piece of content using the REST APIs.

If you are:

If you can't successfully make those requests work then I would recommend either raising  thread on the Developer Community to seek help OR if you are confident that it is a bug (as per Gabriel's case) it would be a good idea to raise a bug against Confluence Cloud in jira.atlassian.com).

I hope this helps get everybody started in the right direction. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

How To: get the most out of the new Confluence navigation and Home

Hi Community, Elaine again from Confluence Cloud Product Management. Most of you have used the new Confluence navigation and Home for some time by now. Not sure what changed or just want to lear...

480 views 3 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you