Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change email templates

Bruce Schlueter November 19, 2012

Hi all,

we are using Confluence 4.3.2 and facing following "problem". We want to allow users onto a space within our wiki. The users are created by us and for "beauty" reasons we have decided to name them "Lastname, Firstname" so that we have a order by Lastname. This leads to email notifications starting
Hi Lastname,,

which does looks kind of strange but within our company was not really a problem. Now we do need a more formal salutation and I would like to know how to change the text. I found the 'create-user-notification.vm' but this just seems to get the variable not the text.

Thanks for your input,

Bruce

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

Hello Bruce,

I am not sure if you have had a chance to look at the folowing document.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+the+eMail+Templates

It oulines the creation of custom email templates and those files within Confluence that you have to modify to acheive this behavior.

Bruce Schlueter November 20, 2012

Hi Daniel,

indeed I found this page but somehow I cannot figure out where to change the text. What I would like to change is this Text:

"Hi Firstname,

join me and the team on the wiki. Here you can change ..."

I am not sure of the exact words because we use the German language. My question is, where do we find these text templates?

Thanks, Bruce

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events