Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change document owner

Nicholas Wade October 18, 2022

I kinda think I know the answer to this question already, but here we are. 

So, several hundred docs have been copied over to a new Confluence space and modified including using the Approval process for managing the documents (workflow). Only thing is, that as I'm the one approving and as I'm the one copying the documents across, I suddenly find that hey, the approval process won't work, because I'll just be reminding myself that the doc needs reviewing, when I want the owner to know and deal with it. 

If of course, this were a normal program, I'd be able to change the owner - like in Word. Also, logically speaking, if someone leaves, a new owner is required, but that's not catered for either. I have this sinking feeling that once again, it's bell's and whistle's without due thought to the process. 

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

I don't know how the approval workflow is implemented in your site, but the Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud app allows you to choose one or more content owners. (The term "content" includes both pages and blog posts.)

And then the "content owners" option can be checked as a recipient option for the reminder emails:

set-page-owner.gif

As it is stored in an additional field, it will not conflict with your existing approval workflow.

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2022

Hi @Nicholas Wade

Unfortunately, that's not possible yet, but it is on the "Atlassian priority list".

You can follow the progress of this feature request here:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-7247

I hope they implement it soon.

Cheers,

Melo

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events