Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change confluence to dark theme only for myself (not the whole team)

Hi there,

I wanted to change the confluence theme to dark, since I am reading a lot, it's becoming unbearable with the white background.

I found these steps:

1. Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
  2. Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace.
  3. Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
  4. Locate DarkTheme for Confluence via search

really? just to change a theme?? I need to talk to my administrator to change the background color of the page??? is this a joke????

1 answer

0 votes

Correct, remember that Confluence is a shared web-service and it's intended to present a consistent interface to the users.

Yes, it has themes, but themes apply to the space and it's supposed to look the same to everyone.

If you want to take a personalised theme for Confluence, that's up to you and your browser.  Confluence is like sites such as, um, google, bbc, microsoft etc - they present a consistent presentation layer and if you want to do it differently, you mostly get browser plugins to do it.  Stylus and Stylish have personalised browser themes for most Atlassian stuff, Cloud and Server, and the browser marketplaces are well worth a look

(Note - I'm not saying dark themes are bad, I tend to prefer them for a lot of stuff, but hate them for large amounts of reading - books, letters, mail, etc - really always should be light.  For me.  My terminals and IDEs tend towards dark, Jira I don't bother to try because I swap between so many of them, and Confluence should be dark writing on a light background to make it easier for me to read)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Introducing External Collaboration for Confluence

We’re excited to introduce external collaboration for Confluence, now available in early access. It is available to preview for Confluence Cloud Premium and Enterprise customers. (If you're not on ...

218 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you