Change URL's in database

Karolina June 4, 2014

Hello,

I will have to change DNS name which is used by our confluence and jira.

My users are often adding links in confluence to some pages in jira. This URL’s won’t work anymore after changing DNS names used my applications.

It’s too much links to change it manually, so I would like to change it directly in database.
I already changed links in tables: confluence.LINKS and confluence.EXTRNLNKS but I still see old URL’s on some confluence pages content.

Could someone tell me where is content of the sites stored?

I checked table confluence.content but I don’t see my URL’s there.

best regards
Karolina Radziwon

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karolina June 5, 2014

Hey,

Your link was usefull, I finally found table which I need:

update confluence.BODYCONTENT set BODY = REPLACE(cast(BODY as nvarchar(max)),'/OLD_URL/','/NEW_URL/') where BODY like '%OLD_URL%';

Thank you :)

Karolina

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2014

Hi Karolina, are you refering to the links inserted by JIRA Issue macro? if so, they may be changed automatically once you recreate the application link between JIRA and Confluence. However, if they don't update, you may follow the steps here (just don't forget to make a database backup).

Cheers

Karolina June 5, 2014

Hello Tiago,
Thank you very much for answer. Links created by Application Links are not a problem, I already changed them.

I’m talking about static links which are inside of confluence sites content.
Unfortunately my users created lots of links like this to tickets in JIRA, and sometimes even to other sites in confluence.
I would like to change this URL’s for them. It’s not a problem to do this using SQL, but I’m not sure where to find site’s content.

As I said I change links in two tables, but it’s not enough.

regards
Karolina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events