Certificate errors on publically available Confluence pages - how do I apply a certificate?

Kai Poynting August 15, 2017

We have a documentation site with content posted publically via Confluence. These confluence pages seem to be presenting a certificate error.

for a number of our users. I haven't run into the issue myself, but several reported cases assure me there is a problem. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2017

What is the certificate error reported by the users? I am guessing you have a self signed certificate. Please see: Running Confluence Over SSL or HTTPS

Self-signed certificates are useful if you require encryption but do not need to verify the identity of the requesting website. In general, you might use a self-signed certificate on a test environment and on internal corporate networks (intranets).

Because the certificate is not signed by a certificate authority (CA), users may receive a message that the site is not trusted and may have to perform several steps to accept the certificate before they can access the site. This usually will only occur the first time they access the site.

The only way to avoid the "not trusted" messages is to use a certificate signed by a certificate authority (CA).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events