Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centralized Downloads with per attachment permissions

Peter Kahn January 14, 2013

Howdy,

I offer my releases via attachments to confluence pages. Each page has different restrictions making it easy for me to handle who can access what. However, the cost is that I must attach items to many pages instead of just one. I'd like to attach all the items to a single page and then use a macro to provide access to attachments. However, this means there is no proper group of restrictions on the main page with all the attachments. If user's could access this page they could download unauthorized items.

I can use macros to restrict access or hide page content but I don't think these apply to attachments.

Does anyone know a way to restrict access per attachment?

Thanks

Peter

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Hi,

As far as I know Confluence doesn't have a library functionality so the only way to present/share addition info is to attach a file to a page.

So you cannot restric attachment, you can only restrict the page.

You can try to upload the attachjment to a kind of hidden page and create download links on another page and create restriction on this page.

Unfortunately Confluence is the the platform if you need prper ibrary functionality. There are only workarounds.

Cheers,

Selcuk

Peter Kahn January 22, 2013

Thanks. I think the solution is to store attachments on individual pages with restrictions and then use excerpt include to access on combination pages using the show-to macro to hide. I used the confluence-cli to automate the complex upload process reducing the cost of this approach.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events