Cant't communicate with your Server in server to cloud migration

Stephan Schmid June 21, 2021

Hi

I am in the process of performing a test migration from Confluence Server to the Cloud.
I am using the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant.
Under point 2 "Assess and install Apps" I get the error message as soon as I change the status:

image.png

Our Confluence page is intentionally not accessible from the Internet. However, we can access the Marketplace from Confluence. The migration to the cloud without apps works well. So we can reach the atlassian website from Confluence. So the firewall settings seem to be ok.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong here?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

>Our Confluence page is intentionally not accessible from the Internet.

That is the problem.  The migration tool (for some of the apps) needs to be able to read your Confluence from the outside.

Stephan Schmid June 22, 2021

We only use gliffy as an additional app.

It works:
- if I accept the default status "no decision made" under point 2 "Assess and install apps"
- perform the migration
and then add Gliffy in the cloud, all diagrams are displayed correctly.

Dimitris Karagkounis October 6, 2021

That is the problem.  The migration tool (for some of the apps) needs to be able to read your Confluence from the outside.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- do you know if there is a list of IP addresses which can be whitelisted to achieve proper communication. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2021
Like Dimitris Karagkounis likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events