Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upload plugin manually 3.5.7

Ken D: Uemura August 11, 2011

I've recently installed Confluence 3.5.7 on my linux box, and I cannot install Plugins. UPM does not list any plugins, and when I tried to install by uploading .jar plugin files manually, Uploading "xxx.jar". Please Wait pops up and hangs. Cannot find any fix or workaround anywhere, Please Help.

Thanks in advance,

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2011

1) To install plugins through the UPM, Confluence needs to be able to connect to the internet. Do you have any proxy settings or NAT in place which could affect this? Try looking at the atlassian-confluence.log to see if there are any interesting errors which may indicate a problem.

2) To upload plugins manually, I believe that the Confluence Base URL needs to be set correctly - have you done this? By default it gets set to "localhost".

Ken D: Uemura August 12, 2011

Hi Joseph,

I've set the Confluence Base URL through General Configuration, and now I can install plugins smoothly :)

Thank you very much!!

Fabe D. August 27, 2015

Same for me, thank you very much!!

0 votes
Ken D: Uemura August 12, 2011

Hi Joseph,

I've set the Confluence Base URL through General Configuration, and now I can install plugins smoothly :)

Thank you very much!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events