Cannot restore access to user account

Sam Hammond May 26, 2022

Hi,

I tried to follow the can't log in process on the sign in screen and put the email address for the user in there, but the email it claims to send never arrives. I've tried multiple times over two weeks and with different browsers but the email doesn't come. I also checked our email server logs and seems to never even make it to our server so I assume the issue is on the Atlassian side. Can anyone offer some insight in this one?Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 12.48.19 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-27 at 12.49.57 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-27 at 12.50.04 pm.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Sam Hammond ,

Checking into this after @Srinatha T flagged the thread. The user was on an internal suppression list on the Atlassian side - it looks like they may have been invited before the mailbox was set up. Our mail service received an "email does not exist" error on May 13, and stopped sending additional emails.

I've cleared this out on the Atlassian end. Re-sending the invitation should go through this time.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

@Daniel Eads Thanks for looking into this. 

0 votes
Sam Hammond May 26, 2022

Hi Srinath, 

Thanks. Yep, checked spam. Our mail server is most certainly working, it is only this one type of email not being delivered. All other emails, even from Atlassian are arriving.

Annoyingly, when I try to submit a support ticket, it reverts me back to the community...

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2022

Hi @Sam Hammond ,

if it is reverting you back to the community then i think you are using the free version?  The free tire only has community support. 

More details about free tire and whats covered is documented below. 

Pricing 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Sam Hammond May 29, 2022

Hi Srinath,

Yep, that is correct. But this is a system issue so it needs support. A user being unable to recover their account due to a bug in the Atlassian system should warrant support regardless of free or paid tier, would you agree? So how can we get this bug resolved?

Cheers

Sam

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 29, 2022

Hi @Sam Hammond ,

Yes, seems to be a fair request . I will check on this request and  try to connect with some one who can help you. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2022

Hi @Sam Hammond ,

Welcome to the Community.

Did you check your Spam-Folder if the email is there maybe? If it is not there then need to check mail server is working and all, you can create a support ticket and provide your email address there and support will help you further. 

Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events