Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login as admin after moving servers

Adap.tv Operations July 30, 2014

Hey guys,

I just migrated my database and home folders to a new server in an effort to create a sandbox for upgrades and testing. Currently I am unable to log into the system. I attempted to follow the steps in this article (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights) you guys have posted but I've still come up empty.
After trying to create the admin user using,
insert into cwd_user(id, user_name, lower_user_name, active, created_date, updated_date, first_name, lower_first_name, last_name, lower_last_name, display_name, lower_display_name, email_address, lower_email_address, directory_id, credential) values (1212121, 'admin', 'admin', 'T', '2009-11-26 17:42:08', '2009-11-26 17:42:08', 'A. D.', 'a. d.', 'Ministrator', 'ministrator', 'A. D. Ministrator', 'a. d. ministrator', 'admin@example.com','admin@example.com', (selectid from cwd_directory where directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory'), 'x61Ey612Kl2gpFL56FT9weDnpSo4AV8j8+qx2AuTHdRyY036xxzTTrw10Wq3+4qQyB+XURPWx1ONxp3Y3pB37A==');
I get the response of,
ERROR 1048 (23000): Column 'directory_id' cannot be null
Please advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2014

Hello there.

You seem to be getting the directory name for your Confluence from a select. I would advise you to first run the select without the insert and see if it returns something. Also, you need to add a space after 'select'.

If it returns something, you can simply replace the select by the directory_id. For what your error says, it seems to me that your select does not return anything, that is why it is saying it cannot be null. You can run the following select that will show you the available directories:

select * from cwd_directory;

This is basically the same select with not conditions, so it will show everything. From them you find the confluence directory to use in your insert.

To summarize:

* Run select id from cwd_directory where directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory'

** Does it return something? If not, this is the problem

* Run select * from cwd_directory;

* Select one directory id from the list

* Run your select replacing the select by the chosen directory id.

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events