Cannot insert any images in Confluence

Deleted user February 25, 2020

Hi - 

The problem
I cannot perform any operation which will insert an image in a confluence page I'm editing.

I cannot paste an image into the page (nothing happens).

I cannot use the shortcut /file (Files & images) (when I choose this option, nothing happens).

I cannot drag an image into the page from my desktop (the browser leaves the Confluence page and just shows my image full screen).

I cannot click a button in the toolbar to insert an image, because there isn't one.

I cannot use the + button in the toolbar to choose a macro, because there is no option to insert a single image under any of the macro categories, including Confluence Content, External Content, Media, or Visuals & images.

This is very frustrating, since I work on a lot of pages in our Wiki and we use visuals extensively to communicate. I am unable to use Confluence to do my job because of this.

My Computer Info
I am using Chrome 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3. I am working in Confluence Cloud, using the new Confluence editing experience. Today is Feb 25, 2020. This behavior is the same in latest Firefox Developer Edition (74.0b5) and Safari (13.0.5). Chrome Pop-ups and redirects are not blocked, and I even tried specifically enabling Pop-ups for our company's atlassian.net subdomain.

Thank you and I hope for a quick solution,
Justin Schier

I do notice some Javascript errors in the browser's console:

(And note, as evidenced here, I am able to insert an image with no problems in this forum post composing experience).

Screenshot 2020-02-25 17.08.34.png

1 answer

1 vote
Kristian Fletcher October 20, 2020

I think its an issue with the Space permissions. There are seperate tick boxes for adding/deleting attachments that need to be ticked to allow you to add images. Had the same issue with a user and this fixed the problem for me.

Jerry Zonderop August 15, 2023

Where can I find these 'tick boxes'?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events