Cannot find content to transclude!


I'm using the Content Marker macro to mark several paragraphs in a document to transclude afterwards.

Then i transclude one of those marked contents in another document. But i'm getting the above mentioned error message.

I'm sure the document from which to transclude is correct (its name pops up in the entry box), and i'm pretty sure also the unique ID of the content to transclude is correct (although one cannot select that one, it has to be entered – i used the copy/paste action to copy the name of the ID from the Content Marker macro and pasted it in the Transclusion macro, in the Identifiers box)

I have some pictures of both document macro results with this question:

The Content Marker macro info:

Content marker for Toepassingsgebied.Artikel 1.1.png

The Transclusion macro info: 

Transclusion info for Toepassingsgebied.Artikel 1.1.png

Why is this not working?



I would like to add that I use the Content Marker macro within the Description section of a document.

I don't know if that could have an impact...


PS2. I also use Content Marker macros within other Content Marker macros. Is that permitted?

1 answer

1 accepted

The Content Marker Macro is a variation of the Section Macro. Therefore you should be able to do nesting with both of these macros.

The problem is that the identifier must not contain dots. If you remove the dots, everything works fine on my developer box. If it does not for you, I'd like you to ask for the version of Confluence and the projectdoc Toolbox you are using.

I will have a look into why this is not documented and/or if we could fix this issue in the next version.

I've replaced the 'dots' by 'dashes' and it seems to work...

Too bad I didn't know this beforehand, because i use a lot of 'dots' in page titles (not the names) to uniquely identify a page, by linking it to its parent (style: page.parent).

Also in the Sort Key, I'm using this style of numbering, but there it seems to work...

I'm still looking into this issue. It may be a bug (since it is not documented it probably is). I just want to give you fast feedback so you can decide whether you want to change your naming schema or just stay tuned ... smile

The dot is indeed only not allowed, if there is only a number following. Therefore "X 1.x1" or X 1.1x" would be ok, but "X 1.1" is not (because the suffix after the dot is a number).

This has to do with the internal representation if there are two sections with the same title.

I'll check this and report ...

It turns out that this is an issue to be fixed in the next version of the projectdoc Toolbox.

Sort Key or page titles have not been part of the problem. Only the identifier set in the Content Marker Macro (or titles of sections).


Today we released version 1.12.4 of the projectdoc Toolbox that provides a fix to this problem.

seen it... updated the toolbox... will test the fix...

looks to work...

Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy that it works for your use cases now.

BTW: I also want to let you know that my overall experience with the Toolbox is very good. It is a very handy set of tools which I'm getting to know each day better and better and which I enjoy to use. 

Thank you very much for your feedback!




Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Mar 12, 2019 in Confluence

Confluence Admin Certification now $150 for Community Members

More and more people are building their careers with Atlassian, and we want you to be at the front of this wave! Important Dates Start the Certification Prep Course by 2 April 2019 Take your e...

1,628 views 4 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you