Cannot find content to transclude!

johan iojo September 26, 2016

Hello,

I'm using the Content Marker macro to mark several paragraphs in a document to transclude afterwards.

Then i transclude one of those marked contents in another document. But i'm getting the above mentioned error message.

I'm sure the document from which to transclude is correct (its name pops up in the entry box), and i'm pretty sure also the unique ID of the content to transclude is correct (although one cannot select that one, it has to be entered – i used the copy/paste action to copy the name of the ID from the Content Marker macro and pasted it in the Transclusion macro, in the Identifiers box)

I have some pictures of both document macro results with this question:

The Content Marker macro info:

Content marker for Toepassingsgebied.Artikel 1.1.png

The Transclusion macro info: 

Transclusion info for Toepassingsgebied.Artikel 1.1.png

Why is this not working?

PS. 

I would like to add that I use the Content Marker macro within the Description section of a document.

I don't know if that could have an impact...

PS2. I also use Content Marker macros within other Content Marker macros. Is that permitted?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2016

The Content Marker Macro is a variation of the Section Macro. Therefore you should be able to do nesting with both of these macros.

The problem is that the identifier must not contain dots. If you remove the dots, everything works fine on my developer box. If it does not for you, I'd like you to ask for the version of Confluence and the projectdoc Toolbox you are using.

I will have a look into why this is not documented and/or if we could fix this issue in the next version.

johan iojo September 27, 2016

I've replaced the 'dots' by 'dashes' and it seems to work...

Too bad I didn't know this beforehand, because i use a lot of 'dots' in page titles (not the names) to uniquely identify a page, by linking it to its parent (style: page.parent).

Also in the Sort Key, I'm using this style of numbering, but there it seems to work...

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2016

I'm still looking into this issue. It may be a bug (since it is not documented it probably is). I just want to give you fast feedback so you can decide whether you want to change your naming schema or just stay tuned ... smile

The dot is indeed only not allowed, if there is only a number following. Therefore "X 1.x1" or X 1.1x" would be ok, but "X 1.1" is not (because the suffix after the dot is a number).

This has to do with the internal representation if there are two sections with the same title.

I'll check this and report ...

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2016

It turns out that this is an issue to be fixed in the next version of the projectdoc Toolbox.

https://www.smartics.eu/jira/browse/PDAC-684

Sort Key or page titles have not been part of the problem. Only the identifier set in the Content Marker Macro (or titles of sections).

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2016

Today we released version 1.12.4 of the projectdoc Toolbox that provides a fix to this problem.

seen it... updated the toolbox... will test the fix...

looks to work...

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2016

Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy that it works for your use cases now.

johan iojo September 29, 2016

BTW: I also want to let you know that my overall experience with the Toolbox is very good. It is a very handy set of tools which I'm getting to know each day better and better and which I enjoy to use. 

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2016

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events