Cannot enable "Remote API" setting as a system admin

gael.charles March 29, 2023

Hi,

I would like to automate site exports for my Confluence site. However, I learned that this specific method is not yet covered by the new REST API, but can be achieved using the old and deprecated XML-RPC methods: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/remote-confluence-methods/#administration

However, I tried to connect to the XML-RPC endpoint and obtained an HTTP 302 error. I ventured into the Confluence settings only to find an option named "Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP)" which is disabled. But I cannot edit this option as the checkbox is grayed out.

image.png

I am a system admin and site admin. I run a paid Confluence Cloud version.

How could I automate site export?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can not enable this in Confluence Cloud. 

My understanding is that a chunk of the code for it has been deprecated and actually removed so that it wouldn't work anyway, but they've not got around to cleaning up the UI yet.

gael.charles March 29, 2023

Thanks!

So in my understanding, we're right in the middle between the time when it wasn't deprecated and we could automate it, and the future time when it will be covered by the REST API. That's a shame!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Not right in the middle, more towards the end.

From memory, you've never been able to use it on Cloud systems, because the admin options allow for system admin stuff, which Cloud users should never have.

There is activity on extending REST APIs on Cloud, I know we're working with Atlassian on getting the calls we need to do Scriptrunner for all products.

Like gael.charles likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events