Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit tables in Confluence

psheppard June 1, 2014

I created a table in a page in Confluence and have successfully modified the table by adding new columns using the new column button in the past. Now I cannot add columns anymore. Why can I no longer add columns to my table? Is it somehow locked?

3 answers

1 vote
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2014

Hello Phil, can you provide additional context into the issue you are seeing? If we can learn the version of Confluence being used, and if you employ any add on to enhance the tables feature, that can help the community to post a response.

0 votes
psheppard June 2, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. I'm trying to find out what version of Confluence we are on, it's the version on the internet if that's any help, "on demand"? We don't use any add ons or fancy table features, it's just a plain table created using the confluence create table button. We have seven users here and all of us have the issue. I can create a new table and the add/remove columns works fine. Once the table has been on a page for a few months it becomes un-editable. This isn't the first table that has become un-editable. It doesn't matter where the cursor is, none of the add/remove column buttons have any effect. Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

Hi Phil,

I don't believe there's something locked. Where are your cursos set when you try to insert another column? Try placing the cursor on the last column and then click to create another column.

As a test, also please trying create another table and do the same test so we can check if this behavior is hapenning with this table only or any table.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events