Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit settings for Create new from template macro

Peter Riches March 19, 2023

I have a space in Confluence that uses the Create new from template macro to create a number of child pages. I used the same macro within these child pages (that is, embeded into the template) to create the next level of child pages using a different page template.

I can edit the settings of this first Create new from template macro where it is used on the parent page, however when I go to a specific child page where I want to change the macro settings to use a different template from all of the other children, I cannot edit the macro, or delete it and insert the macro again. I can edit the settings of two other macros on this page (that is, when selected and I choose 'edit' the settings come up in the sidebar) but when I choose 'edit' for the Create new from template macro nothing happens. 

I have check with some other child pages at the same level, and I have the same problem.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pankaj Jangid
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2023

I am just guessing here...

One possible solution to this issue could be to try editing the macro from the parent page. Since the child pages are using the macro embedded in the template, any changes you make to the macro on the parent page should be reflected in all of the child pages that use that template.

If this does not work, you can try deleting the macro from the parent page and then re-adding it with the desired settings. This should also update the macro on all of the child pages that use that template.

Peter Riches March 21, 2023

HI Pankaj, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it is only one specific child page where I want the different behaviour (that is, to use a different template), so it wouldn't work to modify the macro on the parent page.

Peter Riches March 21, 2023

UPDATE: After reloading the page a number of times, I appear to now be able to update the macro on the child page. Oddly it appears as a dialog box floating above the main page rather than to the side of the main page like the other macros. However, it does mean I was able to edit the settings as required so the issue is now solved.

Like Pankaj Jangid likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events