Cannot edit JIRA macro nested under expand and table

Suchanan Wongadoonwit June 26, 2022

Last week on thursday, I was able to add JIRA macro in expand macro inside table cell.

Hierarchy, table > expand > JIRA issue (table type).

Today when I come back to edit the page, it's show that I can't edit JIRA macro. This is the screenshot of error.

Screen Shot 2565-06-27 at 11.24.44.png

When I click edit JIRA macro, it show this pop-up.

Screen Shot 2565-06-27 at 11.37.49.png

I use new editor from the start, since I create this page. So not sure why this error just show up now.

I try add expand and JIRA as in screenshot, but it's not working. I can add expand inside table but when I add JIRA in expand, It will pop out to the same level as expand.

So i try the other way round, I create expand with JIRA outside table cell, then move this whole item into table cell, still not working, It will always paste outside table cell.

My questions,

1. Can I add macro in this hierarchy, table > expand > JIRA issue (table type)? If yes, then how?
  2. If not, What can I do with the error, so that I can edit JIRA macro?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2022

Hi Suchanan,

I have tried many different ways to add the Jira issue macro with a JQL inside an expand macro, that was inside a table, just like in your screenshot, but I was not able to do it in the new editor page.

The only way I was able to do that, was creating a page in the legacy editor, adding a table, adding the expand macro inside the table and last, the Jira issue macro inside the expand and then converting the page into the new editor, then I got this error.

The answer for 1 this case, is this shouldn't be possible to be done in the new editor, the macro won't be added to the expand, instead, it adds to the table outside the expand macro automatically.

This is expected, because nested macros are not supported in the new editor.

For 2, I search for a test that could be less complicated and easily done by you without manipulating the page's source code, which was editing the page, clicking on the yellow warning panel saying the element can't be edited.

Seeing it was selected (you will see a a blue line circling the macro/yellow panel), I pressed ctrl+c to copy the Jira issue macro and pasted it on a cell below.
It did copy with the yellow panel, but upon publishing the page and editing it again, it worked! 
The Jira issue macro was there without the yellow panel and outside the expand macro:
unsupported_nested_macros_jira.png

Please give it a try and see if this method works for you, Suchanan. 
If everything goes well, then you can remove the element unsupported after making the copy.

Cheers,
Jessica

Suchanan Wongadoonwit July 4, 2022

Thank you so much Jessica. Your answer has clear my questions. So It is really not supported.

The reason that I nested JIRA inside expand is because it's too long. if it can collapse and expand when needed It would be easier to focus only one or two at the time.

I will find another way to organize my document then.

Thank you again,

Suchanan

Like Jessica likes this
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2022

Glad to help with your questions, Suchanan!

Hope the copy worked and you were able to get the Jira macro working outside the expand macro. :) 

Ah, I see! At this moment, since it is not supported in the new editor and so far, if this is crucial for you to hide it, if you have the legacy editor available on your site, you can use it create a new page and use the nested macros.

Hope this also helps!

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events