Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete a space

Natalie Potter November 28, 2019

Hello!

I am new to Confluence and I am trialing it - I have created some spaces but the first spaces I made had the term "docs" in the name and I seem to be unable to delete these now I have understood how confluence works and I am creating a navigational structure that works better for me.

I have not touched the theme settings I have only created a trial account in the past week and this seems such a major inconvenience considering I have just created these and have spent about half an hour trying to work out how to delete them.

I created two new spaces that did not use the term "docs" and these I can manage and have permissions to.

Any advice greatly appreciated as I feel like I am missing something basic?

Thank you

N@

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Natalie Potter

Are you on the free version of Confluence in Cloud?

If yes, any space you create after the creation of your instance you should be able to delete:

1. Go to the space and select "Space Settings" from the left-hand menu
  2. Under Overview, select "Delete Space"
  3. Follow the instructions

If this space was the "first" space you created however (when you first created your instance), there is a known bug which prevents you deleting the space. See CONFCLOUD-68319 for more details.

If this isn't a free instance and you're still seeing the issue, let us know so we can assist further!

Ste

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Hi @Natalie Potter and welcome to the atlassian community!

I assuming, that you are using confluence on cloud version. Deleting a space is very easy, if you have the permission to do this. But if you created the space, I think you should have the permission to delete it as well. 

Here is the documentation to delete a space.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events