Cannot delete a space and re-import

Joe Zulli April 12, 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of migrating from a locally installed version of Confluence, to Confluence OnDemand and I am stuck. Here's what I did.

1. I imported a space into my OnDemand instance to test things out and make sure the process ran smoothly.

2. I deleted the space

3. I did it again, this time for real. FAILED

Step 3 fails with an error saying that my space cannot be imported because there is already a space with the same key. But I deleted that space! There's no sign of it anywhere. I could have sworn it said in the docs that you can delete a space an re-import it. Apparent my delete did not go smoothly, but it's completely gone from the UI.

I tried copying my space to a new one with a different name using Copy Space, but that failed as well. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2013

Hi Joe,

It seems that there are some left overs from that space on the database. As you don't have access to it, you can either raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com to ask an engineer's help, or edit the space key manually inside the exportDescriptor.properties file (inside the space backup), to trick the import.

Hope this helps.

Joe Zulli April 12, 2013

Thanks Jeison,

I just created a support ticket, but since this is a pretty big emergency for me, I might try to manually trick it in the way you mentioned as well. Is exportDescriptor.properties the only file that needs to be changed. The instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Copy+or+Rename+a+Space+in+Confluence are a lot more involved.

Roland Froehlich November 23, 2022

@Jeison I the same problem on a free plan as I try to setup a confluence for my company.

1. I imported a Space Cloud to Cloud sucessfully without error.
2. I figured out I did not have the drawio add-on.
3. I installed the drawio add-on and deleted the space
4. Tried to import the space again and now it fails with one error.

I did not yet try to rename the space file since I expect this to create issues with the drawio integration.

Do you have any advice how to proceed? Thank you very much for your assistance.

Roland Froehlich November 23, 2022

I now tried an import with modified 3-letter Space Key in the exportDescriptor.properties file but this import still failed.

Error message: Could not locate exportDescriptor.properties in the archive

Still looking for advice how get the import working.

@Joe Zulli1 How could you finally solve the issue?

Thank you for your input.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events