Cannot delete a space and re-import

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of migrating from a locally installed version of Confluence, to Confluence OnDemand and I am stuck. Here's what I did.

1. I imported a space into my OnDemand instance to test things out and make sure the process ran smoothly.

2. I deleted the space

3. I did it again, this time for real. FAILED

Step 3 fails with an error saying that my space cannot be imported because there is already a space with the same key. But I deleted that space! There's no sign of it anywhere. I could have sworn it said in the docs that you can delete a space an re-import it. Apparent my delete did not go smoothly, but it's completely gone from the UI.

I tried copying my space to a new one with a different name using Copy Space, but that failed as well. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Joe,

It seems that there are some left overs from that space on the database. As you don't have access to it, you can either raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com to ask an engineer's help, or edit the space key manually inside the exportDescriptor.properties file (inside the space backup), to trick the import.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jeison,

I just created a support ticket, but since this is a pretty big emergency for me, I might try to manually trick it in the way you mentioned as well. Is exportDescriptor.properties the only file that needs to be changed. The instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Copy+or+Rename+a+Space+in+Confluence are a lot more involved.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

399 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you