Cannot create a space after upgrade to 6.12.0

Matt Wanless November 1, 2018

We recently upgraded from 6.2 to 6.12.0, and cannot now create any new spaces.

There are no errors in the logs when we try.

The error message we get is 'An unknown server error has occurred'

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 12.25.22.png

3 answers

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2018

Hi Matt,

I would recommend reviewing Troubleshooting Issues with Page and Space Creation and making sure that your Java and database versions are compatible.

As for your logs, it does actually write a message about why the creation failed. Can you confirm which log file you looked at?

Be sure that it's located at <home directory>/logs/atlassian-confluence-log. You can try to tail the logs and then try to create a space, and you'll see the exact error message caused by this:

tail -f atlassian-confluence-log

If you still have issues, then I would recommend that you raise a support ticket and include your Support Zip so we can get a copy of your full logs and setup in order to help determine what the issue is.

Regards,
Shannon

Matt Wanless November 12, 2018
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2018

Hi Matt,

It does indeed, but the log files I mentioned would help us to determine the reason for sure.

At any rate, were you successful in correcting the issue with Julian's workaround mentioned on the discussion?

If not, please provide the logs as I requested. If you have any difficulty obtaining those, you can go ahead and create the support ticket and include your support zip, and we can help you from there!

Regards,

Shannon

Matt Wanless November 13, 2018

The logs matched exactly what was in that ticket.

As for the fix, we've raised a change internally yo perform it next week.

Regards

Matt

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2018

Matt,

Thank you for letting me know that! Please feel free to follow up here if you are unsuccessful with the workaround, and I can help you to raise the ticket for the team.

Shannon

0 votes
Tuan Tran Manh June 16, 2019

Hi,

I tries 

DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_SPACE_BLUEPRINT_AO";
DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_C_TEMPLATE_REF";
DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_CONTENT_BLUEPRINT_AO"; 

and remove:

<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
<confluence-home>/plugins-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-temp
<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language

And restart confluence 6.15 but still error An unknown server error has occurred :(

Need help for you, thanks so much.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 17, 2019

Tuan,

Thank you for contacting us. You can confirm that you completely stopped Confluence prior to dropping the lines in the table?

Can you also confirm that the user running Confluence has full read/write privileges to the confluence-home directory?

If you continue to have issues, we'll need to know the following:

1. What version of Confluence you upgraded from
  2. What database and version you are running
  3. If any other users have the same issue
  4. What error messages you see in the Confluence server logs when you attempt to create a space.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Lazom Dzemaili Moz Technologie March 29, 2019

I was unable to create a space with the same error An unknown server error has occured.

This was a problem with the sql_mode parameter in mysql database.

The value was set to 'NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO'. This is not good.

I modified the my.cnf configuration file of mysql, I added : sql_mode=""

Restart mysql server

Restart Confluence and the error is gone on my server instance.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2019

Hi Lazom,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on Community. This issue must be really frustrating.

It appears that you've replied on an old thread that may not be related, so it will be hard to get people to view your question and be able to help you.

I would recommend that you create a brand-new question with your situation. That way the community will see it first, and be able to follow-up with you.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Lazom Dzemaili Moz Technologie April 1, 2019

Hi Shannon,

I was just saying that I had the error "An unknown server error has occured." and that I resolved it. I am sharing my experience : In case of a mySql database, the sql_mode parameter in mysql database must not be  'NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' as I said in the previous post, it resolved my problem. :)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2019

Lazom,

Oh, well then, thank you so much for sharing that! Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Take care, 

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events